- I would like to open this post by asking that if you have a comment or information that you would like to share for any of the posts please do so using the comment feature. Everyone who has signed up for the class during our BEE selections has the authority to add blog posts. I am hoping this blog will be a vehicle to share our progress and to help each other as we progress through the project.
- Now that you have the full list you might like some ideas about where to purchase all these fibers.
- As always I start with my LNS ( local needlework shop) and purchase as much as I can there because I want the owner to stay in business. If you have access to a LNS please start your shopping there. They might even be willing to order some of the fibers for you.
- Because I am comfortable with online shopping I find I prefer to order materials my LNS does not have for myself unless the supplier only sells wholesale.
- In addition to the shop whose link I gave you in the Materials Part I post, below is the list that was supplied in the Cleopatra's Cat book from last year. I have ordered from Fireside Stitchery and Needle in a Haystack and have been happy with the service I received from both of them.
- Fireside also carries the Evertite Stretcher bars if you want to try them. There is also a shop called Stitcher's Paradise that carries both regular and Evertite Stretcher bars.
- This piece requires us to stitch a great number of Smyrna Stitches. In my next post I will give instructions on how to do a smyrna stitch for those who have not done it before.
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Materials Part III